This WordPress Plugin’s current release is 1.4. The plugin may be downloaded in WordPress’ plugin directory.
unfake.it URL shortener Plugin for Twitter Tools works as a WordPress plugin and (hopefully) gets an URL as inbound parameter, shortens it by using
unfake.it API and sends back the shortened URL as outbound return string.
You may also save your shortened URLs on facebook using our facebook application. If configured so, your WordPress blog will take you to facebook. Your blog post (including a thumbnailed screenshot of your post) will be displayed on your profile page as well as in your friends newsfeeds.
unfake.it is free and it takes me time to develop and enhance this piece of the internet and also costs me money and nerves, please donate by flattring me:
See all previous posts (might be in German language) concerning
unfake.it‘s WordPress plugin:
- unfake.it ist Platz 1 von über 19 Millionen! Sponsoren interessiert?
- unfake.it now with facebook integration
- after 100 days of unfake.it
- unfake.it as standalone WordPress plugin for Twitter Tools
- unfake.it patch for Twitter Tools 1.6b2
- New version for Twitter Tools
- Twitter Tools patch
- Download the plugin archive and expand it (you’ve likely already done this).
- Create a folder named
wp-contents/plugins/directory. (This should happen automatically, once you unzipped the archive; just make sure, the location is correct.)
- Put the
tt_unfake_it.phpfile into the
wp-content/plugins/url-shortener-for-twitter-tools/directory. (This should happen automatically, once you unzipped the archive; just make sure, the location is correct.)
- Go to the Plugins page in your WordPress Administration area and click Activate for unfake.it URL shortener for Twitter Tools.
- go to Settings section of your WordPress’ admin menu
- select unfake.it URL shortener
- select yes or no
- press the submit button
I don’t know where to configure my Twitter account
Your Twitter account ain’t configured for and within this plugin. As mentioned above, you need the plugin Twitter Tools, where your account has to be configured.
What if I install your plugin and don’t even use Twitter Tools. Will your plugin harm my WordPress blog?
No! Unless you use Twitter Tools, simply nothing will happen.
Are donations welcome?
Sure. Donations keep me doin’ what I’m doin’. Click the link above to flattr me and send any micropayment. Not required, but appreciated.
I like this plugin but I don’t want commercials to show up for my shortened URLs. What can I do?
Get in touch with me (the author)! We’ll find a way.